mw. drs. J.P.C. (Janneke) Staaks
1018 WB Amsterdam
Subject Librarian Anthropology, Psychology and Child Development and Education
Specialist Wetenschappelijke Informatie Antropologie, Psychologie, Pedagogiek en Onderwijskunde
How can I help you?
If you have any question at all, feel free to ask. For example;
- Library introduction for new employees
- Search support for researchers (especially Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses).
- Information Literacy Instruction (e.g. PsycINFO, ERIC, Medline/Pubmed, Sociological Abstracts, Web of Science).
- Order new book titles
As a librarian I contributed to the following publications (see acknowledgements)
- Berkhof M., Rijssen J van, Schellart A. J. M., Anema J. R. & Beek A. J. van der (2011) Effective training strategies for teaching communication skills to physicians: An overview of systematic reviews. Patient Education and Counseling, 84 (2), 152-162. doi:10.1016/j.pec.2010.06.010
- Feltz-Cornelis C. M. van der, Nuyen J., Stoop C., Chan J., Jacobson A. M.,
Katon W., Snoek F. & Sartorius, N (2010) Effect of interventions for major
depressive disorder and significant depressive symptoms in patients with
diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. General Hospital
Psychiatry, 32 (4), 380-395 doi:10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2010.03.011
NB. See appendix for the search strategy I developed together with Corinne Stoop
September 2007 - June 2009 : Subject Librarian Psychology and Education at the University Library of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Next tocollection development, I also participated in the project "Assessment of (online) Information Literacy courses and further intergration in the curricula"
May 2008 - December 2008 : Clinical Librarian (I replaced a colleague who was on her maternal leave). Main tasks:
- conduct searches (RCT, reviews etc.) for and with VUmc employees
- assist during information literacy workshops (Pubmed, general and Reference Manager)
- citation analysis
2003 - 2007 : Phd student at the TU/e (Subdepartment: Human Technology Interaction). Description research: Within the field of decision making, choice behavior was studied while participants had to make a choice based on either personal experiences or statistical information.Part of the research concerned the role of trust while choosing between these types ofinformation.
1997 - 2002 : Psychology at the University of Maastricht. Specialization in Cognitive Psychology (further specialisation in Cognitive Ergonomics)
- Wittenberg, Y., Kwekkeboom, R., Staaks, J., Verhoeff, A. P., & de Boer, A. (2017). Informal caregivers’ views on the division of responsibilities between themselves and professionals: A scoping review. Health & Social Care in the Community. DOI: 10.1111/hsc.12529
- West, E., Stuckelberger, A., Pautex, S., Staaks, J., & Gysels, M. (2017). Operationalising ethical challenges in dementia research: a systematic review of current evidence. Age and Ageing, 46(4), 678-687. DOI: 10.1093/ageing/afw250 [details]
- de Bruin, E. J., van Run, C., Staaks, J., & Meijer, A. M. (2017). Effects of sleep manipulation on cognitive functioning of adolescents: a systematic review. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 32, 45-57. DOI: 10.1016/j.smrv.2016.02.006 [details]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden