In a data management plan (DMP) you describe which data you will collect, how you will store and manage the data during your research project and what will happen to the data after the project is finished. An increasing number of funders of academic research expect you to fill in a DMP for your research project. The central guidelines for research data management of UvA and AUAS also require you to write a DMP for every project. DMPonline makes it easy to comply with these demands.
- Visit DMPonline and click on Sign in with institutional credentials.
- Fill in the name of your organization and select UvA or AUAS.
- Fill in your UvAnetID or HvAID information.
- Then log in with your DMPonline account or create a DMPonline account if you don’t yet have one. This is a one-time administrative measure - you will not need this account. You’ll be able to login with your UvAnetID or HvAID.
Creating a DMP
- Click on Create plans at the top.
- Fill in a title in the top field.
- If your funder provides their DMP template in DMPonline, select your funder in the third field. Would you like to use the general UvA or AUAS template? Select the option that no funder is associated with your DMP.
- Click on Create plan.
All templates can be filled in in both Dutch and English.
Sharing a DMP
You can share your DMP under the tab Share if you are writing a plan, or by first clicking on Actions in My Dashboard and then on Share. Fill in the email address of the person you want to share your plan with and select the permissions this person will receive.
Viewing a shared DMP
If someone shares their DMP with you, you will receive an email with a link to DMPonline. When you already have a DMPonline account, you will first get an error after clicking on the link. You can ignore this error and simply log in - you will subsequently see the shared DMP in My Dashboard. When you do not already have a DMPonline account, you will automatically get the request to create an account.
Contact your data steward for support with writing your data management plan. Share your plan with your data steward as described above. You can also use the option Request expert feedback under the corresponding tab. In that case someone from RDM Support will look at your plan.